Author, actor and trainer
Klaus Werner-Lobo was born in Salzburg and lives in Vienna.
He studied ecology and filology in Vienna, theatre in Rio de Janeiro and Clown with Leo Bassi, Angela de Castro, Moshe Cohen, Leris Colombaioni, Jango Edwards, Philippe Gaulier, Johnny Melville, Sue Morrison, Peter Shub and others.
He was press spokesman of the Austrian Institute for Applied Ecology and worked as a freelancing journalist for newspapers and magazines like taz, Welt am Sonntag, Falter, profil, Der Standard, Die Presse and others.
2010-2015 he was Member of the Provincial Parliament and the Vienna City Council as Spokesman for Culture and Human Rights
Spiegel online names him together with Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, Michael Moore and Jean Ziegler as one of the stars of the alternative globalization. He speaks German, English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
Trainer and speaker for personal and team development, activism and acting/clown.
- Prost Mahlzeit! (Deuticke 2000, together with Henriette Gupfinger and Gabriele Mraz), was elected among the ‚Top Ten Books for the Future‘ by the Robert-Jungk-Bibliothek für Zukunftsfragen.
- Schwarzbuch Markenfirmen („Black Book on Brands“, Deuticke 2001/Ullstein 2010, together with Hans Weiss). The book is to name those who are responsible for unscrupulous business practices and human rights violations. 200.000 copies were sold, translations are available in Dutch, Spanish, Hungarian, Turkish, Swedish, Bulgarian, Japanese, Corean, Romanian, Polish, Italian and Russian.
- Schwarzbuch Öl („Black Book on Oil“, Deuticke 2005, together with Thomas Seifert), with Arabic, Spanish and Italian editions.
- Uns gehört die Welt! („The world belongs to us!“, dtv Reihe Hanser 2010).
- New edition of Schwarzbuch Markenfirmen („Black Book on Brands“, Deuticke 2014, together with Hans Weiss).
- Nach der Empörung („After the indignation“, Deuticke 2016).
- Frei und gefährlich – Die Macht der Narren („Free and dangerous – The power of fools“, Benevento 2016) – Information in English